- 130g of soft light brown sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Maldon sea salt
- 30g of flaked almonds
- 120g of dark chocolate pieces
- 210g of plain flour
- 20g of coca powder
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 90g of nut butter (I use peanut)
- 70g of melted butter
- 40ml water
- 150g golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan. Put the sugar, sea salt, flaked almonds and chocolate chunks into a bowl- sift in the flour, coca powder and soda. Set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, butter, water and golden syrup together and then add it to the first bowl. Start by mixing it with a wooden spoon, then get your hands involved and bring all of the mixture together. It should stick together well and potentially feel a tiny bit crumbly, if you feel it needs more of a stick add a little more golden syrup- that should do the trick.
- Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper and split your dough into 8-12 balls, depending on how big you want the cookies- I usually go for 12.
- Spread the balls evenly across two baking trays, then with the palm of your hand/ the back of a wooden spoon gently press the mixture down until it is roughly 5mm high.
- Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes, you want the edges to feel firm when you take them out. Don’t worry if they look a little gooey in the inside, they will harden once you leave them to cool.