- 6 eggs
- 225 grams butter
- 225 grams sugar
- 240 grams plain chocolate
- 200 grams ground almonds
- A generous pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, then mix in the almonds and salt. Set aside to cool a little.
- Separate 5 of the eggs. Mix 1 whole egg and 5 yolks with the sugar. Blend this with the chocolatey mixture.
- Beat the 4 remaining egg whites until they are stiff. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolatey mixture.
- Pour into a non-stick spring-form baking tin and bake at 170 degrees for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean with a bit of excess mixture.
- Either serve it warm as a desert with cream/ ice cream or you can eat it alone for tea.