- 16 Plum tomatoes, quartered
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 4 sprigs of thyme, cut into 2cm sprigs
- Maldon sea salt (normal will do)
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees fan, scatter your tomatoes onto a baking tray seed side up.
- Drizzle the tomatoes halves with olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with thyme, a sprinkle of sugar a generous amount of salt some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast them for 2-2.5 hours or until they start to caramelise.They should be lightly dried and darkened. Remove from the oven when done and set aside to cool.
- You can either freeze them or keep them in a jar and cover with olive oil and some more thyme (these can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 weeks).