Sticky Chicken Thighs
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2 heaped tsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillis, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large leeks, finely sliced
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- Additional oil for frying (vegetable or olive oil will do)
Vermicelli Noodle Salad
- 250 grams Vermicelli noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of one large lime
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- A large handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- A large bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 tbsp of deep fried crispy onions (shop bought or refer to my recipe)
- 4 tbsp of toasted peanuts, crushed
- Marinade the chicken: whisk the fish sauce, soy, caster sugar, sweet chili, lime juice, crushed garlic, chilis and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken and leave in the fridge to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and fry the leaks over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until they look golden brown. Stir them continuously and if they start to burn add a little water.
- Before moving onto the chicken, Cook your noodles to packet instructions. Once ready, drain and make their dressing; mix the sesame oil, lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, caster sugar and pour it over the noodles. Leave in the fridge so they absorb all the flavours.
- Right, chicken time. Heat a glug of oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs (in their marinade) and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through (this can take a little longer depending on the heat of your stove).
- Once the chicken is finished, turn off the heat and put a lid on top (keep in a low compartment of an aga if you have one).
- Add the cucumbers, mint, spring onions to the noodles and toss thoroughly.
- To Serve, split the noodles across four plates and top with two chicken thighs each. Scatter over 1tbsp of crispy onions and toasted peanuts per person.