- 2 Aubergines
- 4 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2tbsp of mirin
- 2tbsp of honey
- 2tbsp of miso paste (preferably white but red will do thetrick)
- 2tbsp soy sauce/ tamari (GF version)
- 2 juicy limes
- 1 bunches of spring onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red chillies, sliced halfway, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 handful of finely chopped fresh corrainder
- Remove the aubergine stalks, then cut each into 4-6 wedges and score the soft inside of each wedge 5 times.
- Put the wedges skin side down on an oven tray, brush 1/3 of the sesame oil, place under a medium grill and cook for 20minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, mix all the other ingredients (apart from the spring onions) in a non-stick pan on a low heat (until the honey has dissolved) and season to taste (if you like things sweeter add more honey etc).
- Flip the aubergine skin side down and brush over the mixture, sprinkle the spring onions over the top put it back into an 180degrees oven for ten minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.