- 4 large aubergines, sliced in half
- 100g tamarind paste (you can buy this in supermarkets injars)
- 40ml of hot water
- 90ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp of honey
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, pulp squeezed out
- 2tsp of coriander seeds
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped (includestalks for max flavour)
- Put the tamarind, garlic pulp, boiling water and honey in a bowl- leave it to sit.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees fan. Score the aubergine halves, once down the middle and 4-5 times diagonally across. Scatter 1tbsp of coarse sea salt across the halves.
- Brush 60ml of olive oil over the inside of each aubergine and cook in the oven for 35 minutes- turn the tray halfway through.
- Remove the tray and pour over ¾ of the tamarind mixture.Sprinkle with the coriander seeds and roast for another 20 minutes, baste halfway through.
- To serve, sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, coriander and serve with the extra sauce.