- Olive Oil
- 2 Large white onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Thumb length knob of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ chillies deseeded
- 2tbsp of cumin
- 2tbsp of coriander
- 2tsp of turmeric
- 2tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of fish sauce
- 2 tins of chopped/ plum tomatoes
- ½ can of coconut milk
- 500 grams of white fish (Hake, Haddock or Cod) cut into chunks
- 1 packet of uncooked prawns
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Fresh Coriander
- Dollop of soured cream per person
- Juice of one lime
- Heat a few large glugs olive oilin a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutesuntil golden brown ( if it starts to burn turn the heat down and add a littlewater).
- Add the garlic and ginger,chilies, cumin, coriander, turmeric and fenugreek seeds and stir for another 5minutes (still over a medium heat). Then add a generous pinch of salt.
- Add the tinned tomatoes andcoconut milk. Once you have stirred everything together bring the sauce to aboil and then reduce it down to a low heat. Add the honey and fish sauce andthen leave it on a very low heat to simmer for 20 minutes (this allows all theflavours to properly combine).
- 10 minutes before serving,increase the temperate to a medium heat and add all the fish- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the fish is tender and the chunks arefalling apart your dish is ready! Serve it warm with some lovely warm red riceand all of the ingredients in the serving suggestion.